Stitching & Cooking Up Something


Looks like a great day to design something in these beautiful colors.


I just am not sure what I want to draw! 
I am thinking its time to do something on a pillow case.
Before I start I think I will make 
Bethany's 
Mountain Dew Cake


This cake recipe is from the July/August 2007 issue of 
“Cooking with Paula Deen”. 
This is the cake everyone requests Bethany make. 
So at our house its Bethany's Mountain Dew Cake.

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 (18.25-ounce) box lemon cake mix
  • 1 (3.4-ounce) box lemon flavored instant pudding mix
  • 1 (12-ounce) can Mountain Dew soda
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 large eggs
  • DIRECTIONS

    • 1
      Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour a 10-cup Bundt pan.
    • 2
      In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pudding mix. Add soda, oil and eggs. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack. Sprinkle with powder sugar and serve!


      One for us and I took one to my son who was sick and 
      craving this cake!


3 comments

quilty stitches said...

Excited to see what you come up with!!! The cake looks wonderful and easy..hope your son is feeling better. Thanks for sharing !!

Unknown said...

The cake was amazing thanks for baking 2 we gobbled it up. Everyone should try this. I am not a cake fan and I love this

StitchinByTheLake said...

Next weekend my son and 5 other football coaches are coming to spend the weekend with us to attend a coaching clinic. I'm thinking this cake will be perfect to make for them. :) blessings, marlene

Back to Top