Retreats Are The Best

I started the drive to the retreat with a Starbucks coffee!
That tells me I was off to a great start!!


This was the cabin I was assign with 1 room mate and we each had our own very comfy beds.


We stayed at the "The Firs" in Bellingham.
And I sure hope we go back. They took such good care of us and the food was wonderful!
We set up for sewing in the lodge. And it had Sew much room.


We each had our own table!
No elbow bumping at all.
32 women with all our stuff and no elbow bumping...
I loved it!


As you can see we spread out well.
I will be leaving name off this post just because it was my first time
retreating with all of these wonderful women and I can't remember every one's name...
So I will leave every one's names off as to not make anyone feel bad.


We even had room for our travel ironing boards



See spread out! it was so nice I will mention it again!

I was very prepared with all my pieces cut out before we got there.
And I worked on the Scrap Apple Quilt from Lori's new planner book.


I chain pieced my heart out!

We had lots for show and tell each night  to show what we had accomplished.


Go Seahawks!





We had classes each day and learned new techniques from different members.



The girls work very hard to make sure it was a success and their hard work paid off.
It was so much fun.


It was so fun to see what everyone was working on.


And it was fun to wander around a visit too.








We laughed and laughed all day.


And not everything that was made was a quilt.


One of the things I love about retreats is getting to see what everyone
is working on.


Everyone is unique and likes different things.
And getting to see that also gives me new ideas.


And some of the women can crank out a lot of quilts and they are amazing!

Everyone is at different levels and everyone is willing to help!
Even fabric sharing was going on!



Some were finishing UFOs and some were working on new projects.


We got lots of fun surprises and we even made a doll.





We had 6 days and 4 nights of fun, laughter and most of all getting know each other.
I really enjoyed meeting new friends and getting to know a wonder group of women a little better.
The ones in our guild that didn't get to go really missed out. And I will be signing up for next year.
we also hit some local Quilt Shops and that is always fun.



I did take "Prudence."
 I love my little purple feather weight.
I can't wait for next year and I am Sew glad we all get together once a week to sew!
What a fun group of Women!

2 comments

Frog Quilter said...

Love the purple feather weight!!!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Well, it sure looks like you had a blast! Nothing like "Quilter" friends & retreats! XOX

Back to Top