Mug Rug


I love Mug Rugs!
There is something about them that makes a
cup of tea that much more special.


The Yoyo Mama's are doing a Mug Rug
for the christmas exchange this week.
I have made several and didn't like any of them.
But I finally like one.
So I really hope who ever gets mine
likes it too.


I couldn't get this picture to turn...
oh well you get it...
I always quilt up a yard of a fabric I really like
then I can use it for mug rugs, hot pads and
oven mitts. Makes it easy for a fast gift if I
have some on hand.


When I make these I use the same stuff for the inside
that I use to make hotpads. I can't remember what it is called.
I have been racking my brain to tell you ....
but ...I cant remember.
I buy it at JoAnn's and I am sure if you ask them
for the batting for hotpads they will take you right to it.



Since we are "YoYo Mamas" I had to work in a Yoyo.
This was so fun but I can't believe how much time I spent
trying to decide what kind to make...
I looked at a million (I am sure thats an accurate count)
mugs and cups and I thought I would make one that matches...
Then I thought a strip mug and a polka dot mug rug...
or a floral mug and a strip mug rug....
or a plain mug and a bright mug rug...
see the possibilities.....
then I saw the glass mug....
Goes with everything....YEAH!
then what fabric....oh my Gosh!!!
I will try to get pictures to show you
of the other ones the girls made.

Post a Comment
Back to Top