Learning to Cook for Two


Empty Nesting means you get to do everything 
you didn't get to do with Kids.
And the hardest thing is re-learn cooking to only do it for 2.
We just can't eat all those left overs that fast 
and who wants left overs.
So I am having to learn to cook smaller portion. 
I am a cookbook junkie, I like reading cook books 
more than books. 
And if they are cute it makes it so much enjoyable.
This is one of my favorites! 
It is by Debbie G. Harmon and not only does it have great recipes 
for us empty nesters but its a darling book.
It really is hard to find small portion cookbooks but if you can find one 
that has a whole book full of ones you can't wait to try, then its a keeper!

3 comments

Beulah said...

Thank you for posting this! I had about given up on cooking simply because I excell at cooking in large quantities and well cooking for 2 is new for me...nest emptied this spring....I am still adjusting in so many ways. I am going to have to try and find this cookbook!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!! BTW, where did you find it?

sowingstitches [at] yahoo [dot] com

Chenille Cottage said...

Hi Debbie!
What a sweet little cookbook. I'm glad you shared. Our nest has been empty for quite a while and we have had to learn to cook for two. One thing that I often do is add a little extra so my hubby can take lunch to the office the next day.
I enjoy your blog so much. It always gives me a lift!
Blessings,
Carolynn xo

Richardson said...

Wow I so don't want to go down this lane! But I am, going from 8 kids to just us it really really hard. What do we talk about now? LOL Alot of the time I am finding it just as cheap to go out, esp if I find a coupon or early bird special. And hey no cleanup. LOL
Thanks for sharing,
Vicki

Back to Top